free hit counter

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Blondie's Post...with my glass 'a wine and Time Magazine

I guess I did something wrong in my formatting...I added a link, then a counter at the bottom...all archives, recent posts, links, profile, and blogger link have moved to the end of the page...I guess Blogger decided to alter its format or I messed up....

Just read that the Army has contracted with the Dupuy Institutue to prepare a report/study on how long the postwar fighting might last. This Washington-based think tank will review the body-counts in "various guerrilla conflicts in the 20th century, including the Greek civil war and the "Indochina War". Maybe the money the Army wanted to withhold to its substantial Halliburton invoice was going to be used to pay for this study. I wonder what that price tag is.

It's my position that this conflict presents a unique scenario in guerrilla warfare. So much of the warrior instinct comes from a passionate chamber of our hearts. We are drivin by ideals. And no such ideal is as contentious as religion. We are fighting a religious war. We drove a secular despot from power who was replaced as the enemy by a nationalist and zealous collective, all united by their religion. They are uniting in their distrust and hatred of American imperialism. Many may have helped topple the statues of Saddam, but they will tresist the enormous power that seeks to make Iraq's riches its own. Simple intelligence will show that the true power in Iraq has not passed hands but remains in the hands of the Cartel. We wonder if the cost of this war in lives, money and global cooperation is worth whatever benefit exists for the secret few.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home