free hit counter

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Except of Interview with WH Correspondent, Helen Thomas

From Interview with the Progressive's Elizabeth DiNovella

Q: Even after 9/11, when the press was really tame, there were still charges by some people in the press that there was a liberal media. Do you agree?

Thomas: I'm dying to find another friend. I am a liberal. I was a liberal the day I was born, and I will be until the day I die. What's a liberal? I care about the poor, the sick, and the maimed. I care whether we go to war for unjust causes. I care whether we shoot people who are innocent. There's no such thing as a liberal media. I think we have a very conservative press. Read the columnists. They are predominantly conservative. I don't relate to them at all. I'm looking for another liberal.

"Helen Thomas is a legend. She's known and covered every president since JFK. In a candid moment, Ms. Thomas spoke a powerful truth. "George W. Bush is the worst
president in all of American history." Given how Mr. Bush has squandered the surplus, trashed the economy and is now hurdling toward a war that is unpopular, unjust, unwise and unwarranted, I think I see Helen's point. Now, the GOP has moved into smear mode. The RNC is urging it's faithful to, "call her out," which apparently means harassing Helen by e-mail, and phone, and fax. I guess nothing makes a Republican feel better than beating up on an 82-year-old woman."
- Paul Begala, Crossfire, 02/24/03

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home